Cap It

Thanks for the outpouring of love last week. I appreciated everyone who felt strongly about everything and made a point to get in touch. It was a good boost and got me feeling sew happy. I managed to get some time put aside to do something quick and fun.

Let’s get crackin’…

Continue reading

Advertisements

Waisted Effort

I bought this dress a while ago. It was cheap and I liked the bold print so I grabbed it.


It’s a one size fits all (read: unflattering) and I don’t love the way the top half fits. It’s got this boxy rectangle thing going on and gave me some broad shoulders.


I added it to my “fix-it” list and then shoved it in a dresser to be forgotten about. You know, like an adult.

A while later I revisited it and I thought I would roll the top half down and wear the dress as a skirt.

It would result in this gorgeous silhouette.

image

Again I banished it to the dresser, too stubborn to let it go.

So this weeks project was pretty obvious and super easy (yay!) Turn the dress into a skirt, get rid of the excess.

I folded the top down to meet with the waist line. This way the elastic that kept the dress up was now at waist level.

image

I used those stitching lines as a guide to keep it even all the way around. Then it was just a straight stitch under the elastic.

image

Then I cut the bulk and ironed out the seam.


That’s it!


It’s a skirt and it doesn’t look like I’m trying to smuggle anything in my hips.

This is a perfect Victoria Day post, it took no time and now I can go outside and play.